After all the drywall went up we hired a mudder to finish the walls and get them ready for paint.
The boys’ room all mudded
Another view of the boys’ room (The silver pipe is the chimney pipe from our wood stove. There will be a drywalled box around it eventually.)
The boys’ bathroom drywalled and mudded (The drywall in the bathrooms was green because it is a water-resistant drywall.)
The main dormer all mudded
Getting ready to mud the girls’ room. (The black things in the window are the mudders stilts. He mudded around the top of each room first wearing his stilts to avoid the need for a ladder.)
The outside wall of the girls’ room
Another breathtaking sunset!
Each day I am awed by God’s majesty as displayed in a microcosm thru the phenomenal sunsets every evening!
(A panoramic view)
Samuel helping Daddy crank up the first sheet of drywall.
S t r e t c h ! Daddy and Daniel putting the drywall up on the ceiling of the girls’ dormer.
The girls’ room ceiling, completely drywalled.
Another view of the ceiling in the girls’ room.
Daniel with the drywall lift. (Note the drywalled upper slope behind him.)
The ceiling of the schoolroom completely drywalled with the exception of the dormer.
Daniel cutting a hole for the can light in the main dormer.
Josh and Daniel screwing in a sheet on one of the front slopes of the schoolroom.
Josh and Daniel measuring for the next sheet of drywall.
Phenomenal sunset that evening!
To close with, here is a picture of our house as of 6 days ago:
I’m sorry it’s been so long since my last post! All the house pictures have been on Josh’s phone and he’s been so busy with house stuff that he hasn’t had time to upload them onto the computer.
That being said, we’re almost done!! The entire main floor is painted except the for the kitchen, and the upstairs is completely drywalled and primed. Daddy has set the 24th of November as the move in date, ‘wether we’re ready or not’.
The things that have to be done before we move in are:
- The kitchen needs to be painted
- The hardwood floor needs to be laid down on the main level
- The pantry shelves need to be built
- Hanging rods need to be purchased/installed in all 4 clothes closets (Daddy’s, Mum’s, boy’s, and girl’s)
- The upstairs needs to be painted (including ceilings)
- Laminate flooring needs to be put down upstairs
- The upstairs bathrooms need to be tiled
- The upstairs toilets need to be purchased and installed
- The upstairs vanities/tops need to be purchased and/or built and installed
- And last but certainly not least, the stairs down into the basement need to be built
I know it seems impossible, but I am constantly reminded that, as Philippians 2:13 says,
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
Please note that following this post will be a series of posts, (with pictures *smile*), that will hopefully bring you up to date.
Have a blessed day!