I’m dreadfully sorry it has been so very long since my last post. Our life has been quite hectic these last months. But God is faithful!
I’ll give you a quick snapshot of where we’re at right now…
Our animal headcount is:
- 2 dogs – an 18 month old Great Pyrenees/Anatolian Shepherd cross guard dog and an 11 month black lab/golden retriever cross, who belongs to me 🙂
- 4 cats, one of which is quite pregnant
- 5 Rouen ducks (3 hens and 2 drakes)
- 3 Hampshire pigs, one boar and two pregnant gilts
- 41 laying hens – 22 Rhode Island Reds, 18 Black Ostrolorps, and 1 Grey Leghorn
- 1, six month old Jersey/Angus beef calf
The dogs are primarily mine and Dad’s responsibility. The ducks belong to Faith, the cats to Samuel, the red hens to Grace, and the black ones to Abigail.
The exterior of our barn is nearly done, with just a few more battens to nail up.
Our house continues to be a work in progress, but we are at least making progress 🙂
And now about the blog: I’m in my junior year of high school this year and also preparing for a mission trip this summer so am quite busy. Grace has been honing her photography and writing skills and will be taking over the posting here on the blog.
Stay tuned for some awesome photos from Grace and drop us a comment with any questions that I wasn’t able to answer here.